What is Endocrinology?
Endocrinology is a medical specialty focusing on the diagnosis and treatment of endocrine gland disorders. Endocrine glands produce chemical substances (hormones) that adjust all body functions. They influence the activity of all tracts and systems, as they control the growth and development of the body, the cardiac functions, the blood pressure, the metabolism, the reproductive system and the sexual behaviour, the nervous system activity, the skin and bone trophicity.
Endocrinology services offered by LaurusMedical clinics:
- Endocrinology investigation;
- Sexology-andrology investigation;
- Endocrine ultrasound (breast/thyroid gland/adrenals/pelvis);
- DEXA interpretation.
The services are available in the following LaurusMedical Network clinics:
- Hyperthyroidism – Graves-Basedow Disease;
- Chronic Autoimmune Thyroiditis (Hashimoto);
- Subacute thyroiditis;
- Cortico-adrenal insufficiency;
- Menstrual disorders;
- Menopausal disorders;