What Is Ozone Therapy?
Iurie Hâncu, MD, orthopaedics and traumatology specialist, with an experience of more than 10 years in the treatment of the bone system disorders through innovating methods, such as ozone therapy or chiropraxis, using state-of-the-art equipment, will provide you with efficient solutions to treat rheumatic disorders, joint pain, through the correct and individualized therapy for each patient.
Before talking about ozone therapy, we must first recall the effects of the lack of oxygen on the body: fatigue, weakness, circulatory disorders, digestive disorders, muscle pain, lack of balance, vertigo, irrational behaviour, depression, respiratory complications, but especially a reduction of the immune system efficiency, with a weak or inexistent response to viral and bacterial attacks.
How Does Ozone Therapy Act?
The operating principle is simple: to offer a mixture of ozone-oxygen of the injured tissue, at a cell level, which has the following positive biological effects:
- disinfectant and trophic
- antibacterial and antiviral
- Anti-inflammatory and immunomodulator
- improvement of the transportation of oxygen in the body, even in the distal areas (where microcirculation may be hampered or blocked by toxin accumulation) through the decrease of the blood viscosity, the reopening of capillaries (within the limit functionalities), the increase of the oxygen transfer at the level of the red blood cells, muscles, etc.
- the activation of enzymes that block the excess free radical production (anti-aging effect)
For What Disorders is Ozone Therapy Efficient?
This therapy sends a natural molecule to the body, without any proteins, which, as a consequence, cannot cause hypersensitivity, allergic reactions. It is a natural antibiotic, which prevents bacteria from developing resistance. At a tissue and cell level, the benefits of this therapy consist in the elimination of the accumulated toxins, the reduction of inflammations and the improvement of the blood circulation.
Ozone therapy is successfully applied in the treatment of the following conditions:
- arthroses (coxarthrosis, gonarthrosis, spondyloarthritis, arthritis of the small joints)
- spinal disc herniation
- inflammatory joint conditions, tendinitis, bursitis
- fibromyalgia, muscular contractions
The therapeutic efficiency is high because of the anti-inflammatory, analgesic, myorelaxing, condroprotector and articular function remake effect, due to the reparatory action on the peripheral nerve terminations. It should be mentioned that the ozone therapy can be successfully applied in the treatment of any pain syndrome.