What is Gastroenterology?
Gastroenterology treats the conditions of the digestive tube and of the related glands (liver and pancreas).The main conditions we treat are: gastric and duodenal ulcer, vesicular lithiasis, gastroesophageal reflux, diarrhea, constipation, intestinal obstructions, cholecystitis, gastric cancer, Crohn’s disease, pancreatitis, cirrhosis, chronic hepatitis, regardless of their severity level.
How are Medical Examinations Performed?
In order to ensure an accurate diagnosis and assess the disease status, the gastroenterology examination is supplemented by functional digestive,, endoscopic (upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy) and imagery examinations (abdominal ultrasound). The unit is equipped with modern medical devices, being assisted by the best specialists who apply Western diagnosis and treatment methods.
Are They Reimbursed by the National Health Insurance Fund?
Both digestive tube examinations (colonoscopy and upper GI endoscopy) may be performed in LaurusMedical Bucharest, LaurusMedical Bacau, LaurusMedical Cluj-Napoca, LaurusMedical Deva, LaurusMedical Galati, LaurusMedical Focsani, LaurusMedical Pitesti, LaurusMedical Ploiesti and LaurusMedical Suceava based on the referral note only, WITHOUT COPAYMENT.
Gastroenterology Services Offered by LaurusMedical Clinics:
- Upper GI Video Endoscopy – With Sedation;
- Video Colonoscopy – With Sedation;
- Video Rectosigmoidoscopy – With Sedation;
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Digestive Diseases;
- Endoscopic Biopsies;
- Extraction of Digestive Tract Foreign Bodies;
- Abdominal Ultrasound;
- Quick Helicobacter Pylori Test.
The services are available in the following LaurusMedical Network clinics:
- Postoperative Stomach Conditions
- Abdominal Bloating (Meteorism)
- Celiac Disease
- Crohn’s Disease
- Whipple’s Disease
- Wilson’s Disease – Hepatolenticular Degeneration
- Chronic Cholecystitis and Cholelithiasis
- Ulcerative Colitis – Follow-Up
- Irritable Colon
- Foreign Esophagus Bodies
- Traveller’s Diarrhea
- Deglutition Difficulties
- Biliary Dyskinesia
- HIV-Associated Esophagitis
- Anal fissures
- Acute Gastritis
- Atrophic Gastritis
- Chronic Gastritis
- Stress-Induced Gastritis
- Lymphocytic Gastritis
- Eosinophilic Gastroenteritis
- Halitosis – bad breath
- Jaundice – Gilbert’s Syndrome
- Faecal Incontinence
- Indigestion – Dyspepsia
- Helicobacter Pylori Digestive Infection
- Biliary Lithiasis (gallstone)
- Salivary Lithiasis (Sialolithiasis)
- Malabsorption (Maldigestion)
- Chronic Pancreatitis
- Intestinal Parasitosis
- Colorectal Polyps
- Rectal Prolapse (Rectal Procidentia)
- Ulcero-hemorrhagic Rectocolitis
- Gastroesophageal Reflux (GERD)
- Afferent Loop Syndrome
- Short Bowel Syndrome
- Dumping Syndrome
- Hepatorenal Syndrome
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Hepatic Steatosis – Fatty Liver
- Pyloric Stenosis
- Typhlitis (Cecitis)
- Intestinal Motility Disorders
- Small and Large Intestine Ulcers
- Gastric and duodenal Ulcer
- Vomiting (Emesis).