What Is Thermography?
Thermography is a non-invasive investigation that causes no harm to the doctor or the patient and offers an accuracy comparable to that of the other imaging methods, which it supplements, at lower costs.
Thermography is a functional investigation method that may be included in the family of EKG, EEG or EMG family and it explores the cellular thermogenesis under normal or disease conditions, being able to detect diseases before they occur.
Advantages of Thermography
- it can be repeated countless times, thus offering the possibility of comparative investigations, especially upon the verification of the results of certain oncology, anti-inflammatory, anti-rheumatic, endocrine, etc. treatments.
- it is able to detect more than 160 diseases
- it differentiates between the pain syndromes and it is able to set the diagnosis for medical emergencies: acute appendicitis, acute pancreatitis and it is also able to appreciate the bone system condition
- the only imaging method that directly highlights thyroid disorders: hypothyroidism, hyperthyroidism, multinodular goiter or thyroid cancer
- it can be resumed countless times
How To Prepare For Your Thermography?
- avoid extensive sun exposure
- avoid using powder, eye shadow, creams or lotions in the explored area on the examination day
- avoid hair removal on the thermography day
- avoid physical stimulation or treatments such as acupuncture, physical therapy, electro-stimulation, ultrasound, warm or cold water compresses, one day before the examination
- avoid physical exercising 4 hours prior to the examination
- avoid bathing or showering one hour before the investigation
- avoid analgesics (painkillers) 4 hours before the investigation