The Body Mass Index (BMI) is the ratio of human body weight to squared height of each person [kg/m2] .
- ● BMI below 18.5: underweight
- ● BMI between 18.5 and 24.9: normal weight
- ● BMI between 25 and 29.9: overweight
- ● BMI between 30 and 34.9: obese class I
- ● BMI between 35 and 39.9: obese class II
- ● BMI above 40: very severely obese
The Body Mass Index is calculated for both men and women aged between 18 and 65, but the results are, however, not relevant in the case of children, pregnant women, people with large muscle mass (sportsmen) or of the elderly.
BMI Calculation Formula:
The Body Mass Index is calculated by dividing the weight in kg to the height in square m: BMI [kg/m2].